Friday, April 1, 2011

Givenchy Play intense (male)

I first smelled this fragrance in the advertisement strip. The advertisement  had encouraged me to check it out  at Sephora, where I sampled it and I just had to buy! Since I had just acquired some money for work, I was happily able to spend a few extra dollars and buy the "Intense" version of the perfume. 
The bottle is large even though it is a 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette spray, it is the same height as my hand! The main body of the perfume is a flat matte black, with the words "PLAY" in a firey red colour, to the left it says "RWD" and to the left it says "FFWD". The bottle is supposed to be an interpretation of an Apple iPod. The bottle is truly magnificent and not to mention incredibly imaginative and unique! 
The fragrance is an EDT which is terrible news since this is such an incredible scent! Even with it being the "intense" version I still only smell this for about 3-4 hours, but when I can smell this I am in LOVE! I normally can not smell this on myself but others always can, not to mention if I spray too much ;) I am absorbed in the scent and in its following cloud.


This scent is not that special, it is actually a very typical scent for a male fragrance, nonetheless I still adore it. It is almost commercial/mainstream if you understand what I am saying. An analogy would be this fragrance's scent is like the males version of Light Blue, all too common but a pleasant smell. When I have worn this fragrance I have almost always received at least one to two comments about how "incredible I smell." This fragrance is captivating, and genuinely enjoyable to smell! 

The perfumes notes are :
Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Amyris Wood, Pink Petter, Coffee Wood Accord, Labdanum, Tonka bean, Vetyver Patchouli

It Retails for : 

1.7 oz
PRICE: $57
3.3 oz
PRICE: $76

Rate - 4 out of 5 

No comments:

Post a Comment